On our recent camping trip we stopped off to visit The Big Strawberry in Koonoomoo, Victoria. It’s a cafe that is all about (you’ve guessed it…) strawberries! It was a fun place to stop whilst we were in the area.
What’s at The Big Strawberry?
– A selection of food and drinks to eat at the cafe including strawberry pancakes and strawberry ice cream. There’s also a shop selling things to take away.
– A large indoor playground for kids including a section for 0-3 year olds and another for 4-12 year olds ($5 a child).
– Strawberry picking (provided it’s the right season).
– Alcoholic beverages including a pretty potent strawberry wine and strawberry creme. They were both surprisingly delicious.
– And of course the big strawberry itself, which offers a great photo opportunity.
What did I think of The Big Strawberry?
Unfortunately The Big Strawberry gets a bit of a bad rap online. I read the reviews before going so I knew it might be a bit rough around the edges.
Because of the reviews, we didn’t go for lunch. Stu and I had some scones with jam and cream and a tea and coffee each. The scones were tasty but nothing special. We then had a little walk around the inside of the building and out to the strawberry patch outside.
I would definitely recommend popping in if you’re in the area for a light snack and a photo with the strawberry.