Introducing Black Box Au.
Something for Nothing is a mini series started out of my love of getting free stuff. I absolutely LOVE getting freebies but as the saying goes nothing in life is free. Check out the series to see how I get my hands on free stuff in Australia and what I have had to do get it.
What is Black Box Au?
Black Box Au describe themselves as an ‘in home marketing business’. Basically, they send you a heap of products to test out at home and in return you let them know if you like them. There is also the opportunity to submit photos of you with the products and on occasion there are opportunities to win prizes. It’s all a bit of fun whilst you show off all the freebies you got to your friends on Facebook or Instagram.
Is it too good to be true?
I would have to say that Black Box Au seems like one of those things that are too good to be true. After missing out on the first box released I was starting to think it was a bit pointless that I signed up. I checked back through my emails and realised that I had in fact missed an email saying I was qualified to receive a box as it went to my junk folder. So my first tip is to make sure marketing emails from Black Box are not being sent to your junk.
When I found out I qualified for the current ‘Couples Box’ campaign I was thrilled. I waited patiently for my box to arrive. I must admit even whilst waiting for the box to I was still a bit skeptical, thinking it was too good to be true. But lo and behold: The Black Box arrived exactly as their emails told me it would.
Even as you open the box, you’re looking over your shoulder thinking Ashton Kutcher is gonna pop out saying you got Punk’d. The samples aren’t really even ‘samples’ because they are full sized.
It is like receiving one of those fancy subscription boxes but you don’t have to pay for it!
Communication from Black Box
The communication from Black Box is fantastic. Apart from missing the initial emails (my fault) the contact from them has been great. This has included:
- A confirmation email to let me know I was eligible for a box. It also asked me to click through and submit details of my address to ensure it was correct.
- An email letting me know an estimated delivery date.
- Emails to alert me of upcoming challenges and prizes I could win.
- An email each time there is a new challenge.
- They have then promised to send me an email that includes the survey to fill out.
Quality of products
The products featured in the Black Box are all full sized and come from well known brands. During the sign up process, you are asked for a few details about yourself to ensure that the box you receive has products tailored to you.
My second tip is to sign up everyone in your house that is over 18 (separate email addresses only). Just because one person isn’t eligible for a certain box of goodies doesn’t mean another person in your house can’t get in on the fun.
Stuart has already told me he thinks he might pop his name down after chomping away on some of the snacks and eyeing up the razor.
What do they want from me?
Nothing in life is free, huh!? Black Box really don’t ask for much and if you interact with them you are more than likely to receive another one in the future. They ideally want the following things:
- Complete the survey about the products.
- Pop photos up on social media using the products and campaign hashtags.
- Get involved on their Facebook page (this means liking other people’s pics and relishing in all the freebie goodness).
- Tell other people and encourage them to sign up.
- Open their emails so they know you are interested.
- Be honest when signing up. This means no duplicate profiles or ticking all the boxes (you can’t be single living at home alone whilst simultaneously being married living with 5 kids).
These activities can take a lot of time or a little time, it’s up to you. Personally I like to try and take some creative photos or spend time writing about things like this to let other people know. The more involved each person is, the more likely companies will want to offer up products to be in the next Black Box.
So all in all, I highly recommend signing up to be part of this great in home marketing initiative.
Black Box have not sponsored me to write this (they don’t know me from Adam). I was not sent this box because I have a blog, anyone can sign up.
I’m just sharing this because getting freebies really puts a smile on my dial. 🙂